4 ½” Wood square plaques (2)
Small oval wood cutouts (6)
Pig and Cow Scrapbook or gifts wrap papers
Brush basin or container of water, Scissors, 1” Foam brush or ¾” flat brush, No. 1 liner brush, Foam plate, Paper towels, White craft glue, Eye screws (3), Sheer ribbon 5/8” wide
- Basecoat entire square plaques Licorice using 1” foam brush or the ¾” flat brush. Allow to dry. Sand smooth rough areas using fine grit sandpaper.
- Paint a rough square of Ocean Blue on one plaque and Green on the other. NOTE: the colored squares against Licorice are painted not specific or edge exact; allow the color to roughly blend or fade to the Licorice background.
- Accent the Licorice border with tiny Wicker White polka dots randomly painted around the edge of the color square.
- Paint a wiggle hyphenated line on the colored square using thinned Licorice and the liner brush. Allow to dry.
- Basecoat each of the six small wood oval cutouts Licorice. Allow to dry and paint Wicker White letters “Cow” or “Pig” on each cutout.
- Cut the cow and pig from papers. Also cut a “C” and a “P” from same papers.
- Brush a coat of Matte Mod Podge to the backside of the each of the cut papers and glue to the prepared square plaques. Smooth any air bubbles or wrinkles using the Mod Podge squeegee. Allow to dry.
- Paint Licorice ears and feet on the animals. Accent the ears with tiny Wicker White polka dots. Paint “is for” next to each decoupaged letter using thinned Licorice and the liner brush. Allow to dry.
- Using white craft glue, attach each oval cutout in a vertical line on the right side of each plaque. Allow glue to dry.
- Brush one to two coats of Matte Mod Podge over the entire project and allow to dry.
- Add eye screws to the top and bottom of one plaque and only the top on the second plaque.