Brown chalkboard paint, Three graduating containers, Three 1 3/4" wooden knobs, Coordinating scrapbook paper, Candle, Sandpaper, 3/4" flat brush, Masking tape, Hot glue
- Basecoat the canisters with Apple Orchard and the lids with Engine Red. Allow to dry. Tape of the desired length and width of the chalkboard rectangles on the fronts of each canister.
- Rub candle all over tops and bottoms of canister set except for where the chalkboard paint will be painted. Add three coats of Tangerine to the bottoms and three coats of Brown chalkboard paint to the tops. Allow to dry to touch in between each coat. Do not wait until completely dry, this will allow the paint to rub off easily.
- Rub off some of the paint from the canister bottoms and just on the tops of lids to give the appearance of peeling paint. Do not rub off the sides of lids only the tops leaving the sides solid so you can write on.
- Remove the tape and paint the rectangles on the fronts of each canister with Brown chalkboard paint along with the three knobs.
- Cut three separate pieces of scrapbook paper for the tops of each canister. Mod Podge to the tops.
- Glue the knobs on each lid.