FolkArt ® Ultra Dye™ Brush Pack. #5617, FolkArt ® Ultra Dye™ Satin Varnish, 8 oz. #5618, Unfinished wood bowl, Brush basin, Paper towels, Foam bowls and plates, Cotton cloth, Craft knife, Plastic gloves, Medium- to fine-grit sandpaper, Ruler, Pencil, Stencil tape
- Pour a small amount of each dye: Venom and Emerald City into a foam bowl.
- Determine the desired height on the bowl exterior to be left natural. This project was measured at 2" up from the base of the bowl and lightly marked with a pencil.
- Secure stencil tape just below the pencil line. Be sure to press along the tape edge creating a tight seal.
- Load the FolkArt Ultra Dye brush with Emerald City and begin painting just above the tape line brushing the dye approximately half way up towards the top edge of the bowl.
- Clean the brush and load it with Venom; begin applying Venom along the top edge of the bowl working downwards toward and blending into Emerald City.
- Apply Venom on the bowl edges as well as into the bowl itself. Allow to dry.
- If desired, apply a coat of FolkArt Ultra Dye Satin Varnish to seal and protect the dyed wood bowl. Allow to dry and completely cure before using.
- Select FolkArt Ultra Dye colors of similar color families for a subtle effect, or select contrasting dye colors for a bold, vivid color blend.
- FolkArt Ultra Dye colors can be intermixed to create a new dye color or a different value of the same color. Begin by mixing a small amount of the dark color into the light color a little at a time until the desired color is achieved.