FolkArt ® Chalkboard Paint - Green, 8 oz. #2515, Old rag, Pencil, Chalk, Unfinished Tavern Sign, Stencil tape
- Stain the top and bottom of tavern sign with Walnut tint. Buff with old rag.
- Tape off various sizes of vertical stripes. Paint with your choice of colors. Remove tape and let dry.
- Tape over painted stripes and paint the unpainted areas your choice of colors. Refer to photo. Let dry.
- Draw tree shape on top of stripes and paint two coats of Green Chalkboard Paint. Tip: Cut a piece of paper as tall and wide as you want the tree: fold paper in half and cut a ½ tree shape. When you open the pattern back up, it will be the same on both sides. Position it on the sign and trace around it.
- Paint tree trunk Real Brown.
- Using liner brush and Metallic Gold, letter words on top and bottom of tavern sign. Hint: Put a piece of tape where you want the baseline to be – this will keep your writing straight.
- Let cure 24 hours. When completely dry, rub lightly with chalk to condition.