Old desk, Sandpaper, Wood filler (optional), Paint brush, Liner brush, New knobs, Masking tape, Damask gift wrap or scrapbook paper
- Completely sand desk and prepare for painting. Fill in holes with wood filler if necessary.
- Basecoat desk Bright Pink. Let dry.
- Basecoat drawers Bright Pink and Licorice as shown in photo, except for the middle top drawer.
- Basecoat the middle top drawer Licorice. Allow to dry and then add white dots with the 5/8" Spouncer. This drawer will not be decoupaged.
- Measure drawer front centers and cut out paper to fit in each. Cut out enough 1/2 circles to fit around the desktop.
- Using Mod Podge, glue the wrapping paper to front of drawers. Allow to dry and then seal the entire drawer front with Mod Podge.
- For the top of the desk, tape off the center about 3-1/2" from the front and side edges. Paint inside the tape with Licorice. Allow to dry and then add Wicker White dots with the 5/8" Spouncer.
- Measure an inch around the Licorice center to make the Bright Pink border. Glue the 1/2" circles around the Bright Pink border on all three sides using Mod Podge. Allow to dry. Using the liner brush along with thinned Licorice paint, outline the outside and insides of scalloped edge.
- Allow everything to dry and then seal with the Mod Podge.
- Add new hardware.