Wood bookends, Wood alphabet letters of choice, Assorted baby animal scrapbook or gift wrap papers, Brush basin or container of water, Scissors, 1” foam brush or ¾” flat brush, No. 1 liner brush, Foam plate, Paper towels, Pencil, Ruler, Two large Pop Dots, White craft glue, Fine grit sandpaper
- Basecoat the entire pair of bookends Soft Apple using the 1” foam brush or the ¾” flat brush. Allow to dry, sand smooth using fine grit sandpaper and reapply basecoat. Allow to dry.
- Paint wood letters and edges of the bookends Purple Lilac. Allow to dry.
- Using the 1” liner brush, paint Licorice stripes along the Purple Lilac edges. Add a small Wicker White accent stripe between the Licorice stripes. Allow to dry.
Mod Podge Instructions:
- Neatly and carefully cut out the baby animal squares. Also measure and cut strips of paper to cover the vertical and horizontal bookend supports. Cut paper to cover the wood letters.
- Adhere all the papers to the wood surfaces working one section at a time. Brush a coat of Matte Mod Podge to the backside of the paper. Smooth in place using the Mod Podge brayer or squeegee.
- Save two animal squares to Mod Podge to poster board to be used as an accent on each letter.
- Brush a coat of Mod Podge over the entire project. Allow to dry.
- Using the liner brush and thinned Licorice, paint a hyphenate line around the letters and book ends. Paint tiny Purple Lilac polka dots between the baby animal squares. Accent each Purple Lilac dot with an even smaller Licorice dot.
- Attach the accent poster board squares using a Pop Dot.
- Using white craft glue, attach each letter to the bookend support.