FolkArt ® Ultra Dye™ Colors - Lady Marmalade, 8 oz. #5612, FolkArt ® Ultra Dye™ Brush Pack. #5617, FolkArt ® Ultra Dye™ Satin Varnish, 8 oz. #5618, Unfinished wood block candlesticks, Tea light candles, Brush basin, Paper towels, Foam bowls and plates, Cotton cloth, Craft knife, Plastic gloves, Medium- to fine-grit sandpaper
- Pour a small amount of Hot Pink into a foam bowl.
- Working one side of the square block candlestick at a time, begin by wetting the unfinished wood with water using the FolkArt Ultra Dye Brush.
- Blot the brush then load it with Hot Pink dye. Brush the dye onto the moist wood beginning at the bottom. Brush the surface horizontally working the brush upwards toward the top of the block. NOTE: The dye will be stronger in color at the base and lighten as it reaches the top of the block. Repeat this process on the remaining sides.
- Continue dyeing the second block candlestick in the same manner using Lady Marmalade. Allow to dry.
- To seal and protect, apply a coat of FolkArt Ultra Dye Satin Varnish to all four sides and the top of the square block candlesticks. Allow to dry and completely cure before using.
- Repeat the FolkArt Ultra Dye application if a more intense color is desired especially at the base of the Ombre.
- For a professional look, horizontally try to match the color application on each side.