- Wrapping paper tube
- 2 Yards of tulle
- Zip Ties
- Blow dryer
- Hot glue
Note: It is best to use a wrapping paper tube that has a natural ribbon wrap along the structure. This will help when painting your project. To check what kind of tube you have (before unrolling it all out), feel along the inside for twisted grooves. Sometimes tubes are made out of light cardboard paper rolled with one straight seam. These kinds of tubes would be least preferred for this project, however they can still be used.
- Start by using a Flat 3/4" paint brush to paint a ribbon along the naturally swirled seam. The thickness of the brush helps you keep an even brush stroke for your Apple Barrel Gloss Pumpkin Orange paint ribbon. Work in sections and use a blow dryer to help the paint dry faster. Let dry completely.
- Paint Apple Barrel Gloss Deep Purple next to the Pumpkin Orange ribbon.
- Using a small brush and Apple Barrel Black, paint a line between the two contrasting colors. Let dry completely
- Paint Folk Art Glitterific Princess over the Deep Purple. Let dry then seal everything with Mod Podge Gloss and allow to dry.
- Cut your tulle into approximately 18” by 6” pieces.
- Combine the two piles of rectangles into one, alternating the two colors. Once complete, add these to your tube.
- Place all the pieces of tulle around the tube so that approximately 6” is over the end of the tube. Use zip ties to attach the tulle at the end of the tube. Make sure the zip ties are snug around the tube, but not so tight that it pinches in at the middle. Tug on the tulle to make sure everything is snug and pull out any loose pieces.
- To finish, make a bow using ribbon and secure over the zip tie with hot glue.