Brush Basin or container for water, Foam plate for a palette, Paper towels, Large Flat brush, No. 1 Script liner brush, Posterboard
- Prepare pillow top by cutting a piece of posterboard to fit inside serving as support to work on as well as protection to keep the backside of the pillow clean.
- Load No. 12 Flat brush with Spanish Moss and Vintage Mustard. Using the chisel edge of the brush, paint stems or branches and vines.
- To the painted branches, add basic One Stoke slider leaves using the same double loaded brush.
- Clean flat brush and double-load it with Vintage Mustard and White Adirondack. Using the chisel edge of the brush and a little pressure, paint small flower petals leading with the Vintage Mustard side of the brush.
- Add a few more petals and created a larger flower in the center.
- Paint White Adirondack dragonfly wings by lightly brushing the paint onto the fabric using a flat brush.
- Add Spanish Moss to that flat brush and next paint the dragonfly body.
FolkArt Home Decor Chalk paints should be heatset when used as fabric home décor accents. If washing is required, like most hand painted items, it is best to hand wash and line dry.