Downloadable art “Fairy Jar Silhouettes”, 3 Sheets of white tissue paper, 1 yd. of ribbon, Small green floral pieces, 9-12 small paper flower shapes, 3 Clear glass jars with lids, Flameless tea lights, Ruler, Water basin, Paper towels
Get the Pattern
- Wash and dry your jars and lids.
- Measure the side of the jar for a maximum height for the fairy images. Print out the size of the provided downloadable art in black and white on copy paper.
- Trim around the fairies as close as possible with scissors.
- Coat the inside of a jar with Mod Podge Gloss. Place a fairy silhouette inside the jar against the glass with the front of the copy facing out. Mod Podge over the entire fairy and seal it to the inside of the jar. Set aside to dry.
- Repeat step 4 for the other two jars.
- While the inside of the jars dry, paint the lids of the jars in one of the three fairy colors – Bright Pink, Lavender and Medium Blue. Let dry.
- After the lids are dry, paint a coat of Mod Podge Sparkle over the painted lids.
- Cover each fairy jar with a single sheet of tissue paper cut to the size of the jar. Mod Podge Gloss over the fairy first and gently lay the tissue paper over the image and smooth trying not to have any wrinkles. Add Gloss over the image and continue the applying under the tissue paper and then on top, all the way around the jar. Turn the jar upside down to dry.
- When the tissue paper is dry, add a coat of Mod Podge Sparkle careful not to cover the fairy. Too much glitter makes it harder to see the silhouette.
- Divide your ribbon, greenery and paper flowers into thirds. Tie a ribbon around each jar.
- Mod Melt a center onto each flower. Let dry.
- Gather a small amount of greenery and tie to each jar.
- Mod melt each flower onto the greenery.
- Add a flameless tea light inside each jar, close the lids. Enjoy the magic!