Quikrete® Quik-Tube® building form 12”, Jigsaw, 11 ½” diameter wood circle – Unfinished Wood Co., Glue, Small nails, Hammer, Water basin, Foam plates, Paper towels, Long handle stencil brush, Stencil tape
- Using jigsaw, cut the building forms(s) into desired lengths.
- Basecoat one Medium Gray, one Steel Gray and one Winter White.
- Dry brush the Steel Gray tube with Medium Gray and Linen vertically to create a bark finish.
- Dry brush the Medium Gray tube with Coffee Latte and Linen.
- Dry brush Medium Gray randomly onto white tube to create a birch finish.
- Tape off stripes as shown on the Medium Gray and Steel Gray tubes. Paint in colors shown.
- Stencil the chevron pattern onto center white field with Medium Gray. Stencil the border pattern on top white band with Medium Gray.
- Using the basecoating brush, thin down Coffee Latte and drag in a circular pattern on two wood circles. Paint smaller and small concentric circles to create the effect of wood rings. Use same technique on third circle with Medium Gray.
- Determine the top end of tubes and place upside down on a hard surface. Glue wood circles inside tubes against the hard surface. Let dry.
- Turn tubes right side up and nail around edge of tube into wood.