FolkArt Milk Paint - Brass Buckle, 6.8 oz. - 38935, FolkArt Milk Paint Bonding Primer and Sealer, 6.8 oz. #38939, FolkArt Milk Paint Brush, 2 inch #38999, Dresser, Stencil brushes, Sandpaper, Wipe-cloth, Foam bowl, Stencil tape, ArtMinds stencil #478855
- Remove any drawer pulls. For non raw wood furniture: Lightly sand the surface of the furniture and wipe clean. Paint one (1) solid coat of Milk Paint Bonding Primer and Sealer on the dresser. Use long brush-strokes. Allow to dry.
- TIP: If you are using raw wood furniture, you do not need to prime the dresser.
- Using long brushstrokes, paint the first cost of Brass Buckle on the dresser. Allow to dry for approximately two (2) hours. Lightly sand in the direction of the grain. Add a second coat of paint and allow to dry.
- Determine a design plan with the stencils. Tape in place. Begin with Vintage White and Top with White Pearl. Load the stencil brush with Vintage White, tap off the excess paint. Tap and swirl the brush over the stencil. While wet, stencil White Pearl over the Vintage White. Use short taps to create a random pattern. Lift the stencil and allow to dry.
- Continue to stencil a design. Be mindful that you will have dry time in between stenciling for some areas. Clean your stencils as needed during the stenciling process.
- Top-coat with a layer of the Bonding Primer and Sealer. Use long brushstrokes. Replace any drawer pulls.
- TIP: Clean stencils by soaking them in a sudsy bath and gently rubbing any paint from the edges. Dry on a layer of paper towels.