Subscribe to the Plaid Crafts Newsletter for craft project ideas, product news, our live events, and more!
Guaranteed Delivery for Christmas! Order by 12/10 to ensure on-time delivery for the holidays. Need gift ideas? Checkout our Holiday Gift Guide!
Save 20% on Paint Kits & Sets!
Give the gift of creativity! Order $50 or more in paint sets and craft supplies by December 9th and receive 20% off your order, plus free U.S. ground shipping! This promotion cannot be combined with any other promotion Shipping details.
Learn how to paint unique mandala art with painted dots.
At a Glance:
This project features these great brands:
· Paper Towels
· Hair Dryer
· (Optional) Sewing Needle
· (Optional) Baby Wipes
· (Optional) Q-tips
1. Start off by working from the inside center of the mandala pattern outward.
2. Apply slight pressure with fingers onto the sides of the bottle and fill in the pre patterned dots using the script tip.
3. Once the majority of the dot is filled, stop applying pressure on the bottle and gently move the paint around to fill up to the edges of the pre patterned dots. This works best for larger sections.
4. For smaller dots, simply tap the paint onto the part you want painted.
5. It is good practice to prime your paint bottle by sqirting out a little bit of paint onto a paper towel before applying to surface.
6. If you have any bubbles, you can use a sewing needle to pop while the paint is still wet.
7. Complete pattern by alternating different colors from the FolkArt Dots kit and have fun.
8. If you would like to add additional layers onto the first layer of dots, allow to fully dry and repeat above steps.
Watch this video to learn how to condition a chalkboard painting surface from Plaid.
Disclaimer: The information found in each project is presented in good faith, but no warranty is given, nor results guaranteed, nor is freedom from any patent to be inferred. Since we have no control over physical conditions surrounding the application of information herein contained, Plaid Enterprises, Inc. disclaims any liability for untoward results.
Important: Please be sure to thoroughly read the instructions for all products, paying particular attention to all cautions and warnings shown to ensure the proper and safe use of the product.
Copyright: All Rights Reserved. No part of this Project may be reproduced in any form without permission in writing, except for your personal use, except by reviewer, who may in reviewing this project, quote brief passages in a magazine or newspaper.