Natural Tote Bags: 1 large and 1 small, 1/2 yard - Paisley and flowers print lightweight fabric, 1/3 yard – stripe lightweight fabric, 24” each of small ribbons to tie on handle – colors of choice, Assorted buttons and jewels as desired, Scissors, Wax paper
- Paint Mod Podge Fabric onto the back of fabric areas you plan to use and let dry. This will stabilize fabric and keep edges from fraying when you cut out designs.
- Cut out desired designs from the fabric, including the strips of fabric used to frame out areas. Note: solid green and pink polka-dot strips are ¼” wide.
- Attach a 2” wide strip of striped fabric at top using Mod Podge.
- Attach green and pink strips that divide areas as shown.
- Lay the flowers and paisleys out on your tote bag to plan your design.
- One at the time, lay them right-side-down onto the wax paper. Apply a generous coat of Mod Podge Fabric.
- Position on tote and press down. Rub all areas flat using fingers while glue is wet.
- Repeat with each design until all are attached.
- Embellish fabric appliqués with buttons and jewels glued randomly, using Mod Podge Fabric to adhere.
- Let dry flat overnight.
- Tie ribbon onto one of the handles.