Ashland™ clay pot 1 ½”, Floracraft® foam balls five at 2 ½”, Light colored burlap, Wire, Wire cutters, Black chenille stems, Hot glue gun or glue, Flat brush ½” – ¼”, Liner brush #1, Foam Spouncer® ¼”, Stencil brush ¼”, Paper towels, Brush basin, Foam plates, Scissors, Scalloped pinking shears, Ruler
- Paint one foam ball each Patina, Medium Yellow, Calypso Sky, Yellow Citron and Pink. Let dry.
- Brush Mod Podge onto burlap until saturated. Hang to dry.
- Paint small clay pot with stripes in colors shown.
- On Calypso Sky foam ball, stencil cheeks with Pink. Create Wicker White dots for eyes by dipping opposite end of brush in paint. Place Licorice dots inside white ones. Paint mouth in Licorice with liner brush.
- Using hot glue gun or glue, connect balls as shown to create caterpillar body. Glue head a little higher.
- Create Wicker White dots on each ball as shown with foam Spouncer to position legs. Let dry.
- Cut eight lengths of chenille stems approximately 3” long. Bend in a z shape and loop one end over to create foot. Insert ends into white dots of each ball with glue.
- Cut a circle from burlap with scalloped scissors. Cut between each scallop towards center to create petals. Glue to top of head.
- Glue pot to head for hat.
- Cut two lengths of wire and curl one end. Insert into head with glue as shown.
Tip: Personalize clay pot hat with a name or phrase.