Small flat paintbrush, Sheet of cork, Fine-tip marker, Foam plate, Water basin
PatternsFree Printable Papers
Get the Pattern
- Print the downloadable art page of the four geode slices.
- Trim out the slices.
- Turn the four images face-down on the cork sheet and trace around. Remove the images and set aside.
- Cut out the slices using scissors, preferably leaving the sides somewhat jagged; this will add to the rough rock edge look of a real geode.
- Paint the edges of the cut cork slices in Golden Ochre and let dry. Apply a second coat of Pure Gold and let dry.
- Arrange the geode image slices with the corresponding cork slice.
- Lay one of the geode slice images face down on your craft mat.
- Apply a coat of Hard Coat to the cork surface. Apply a coat of Hard Coat to face down geode image.
- Place the geode image on top of the cork slice.
- Note: You will be laying a glue piece to another glue piece. Squeegee in place.
- For a realistic touch, apply Mod Podge Sparkle to the center of the image as well as any white area. Set aside to dry.
- Repeat steps 7-10 for the remaining three geode slices.
- Top-coat all geodes with two coats of Hard Coat letting dry in between coats.
- Wait 24 hours to cure before using as a coaster.