Small flat paintbrush, 12" Wooden plate, Pencil, Foam plate, Water basin
PatternsFree Printable Papers
- Paint the plate in Golden Ochre and let dry. Apply a second coat of Pure Gold and let dry.
- Print the downloadable art page of the large geode slice.
- Trim and place in the center of the painted and dried plate. Trace around the geode shape approximately ½" to ¾" from the image edge with a pencil. Remove image and set aside.
- Paint inside the pencil line with Pure Black and let dry.
- Lay the geode image face-down on your craft mat.
- Apply a coat of Gloss to the face-down image. Apply a coat of Mod Podge Gloss to the plate surface.
- Place the geode image in the center of the plate. Note: You will be laying a glue piece to another glue piece. Squeegee in place.
- For a realistic touch, apply Mod Podge Sparkle to the center of the geode slice as well as any white areas. Also, add Sparkle over the black edge. Set aside to dry.
- Top-coat the entire piece with Gloss. Let dry.
- NOTE: Food should not be placed directly on this finished surface. We recommend adding a clear glass plate.