20 x 30 x 3/16” foam board, Tiny clothespins, Creatology jumbo wood shapes, 1/8” dowels, Craft knife, ½” flat brush, Liner brush, Black permanent marker, Pencil, Transfer paper, Twine, Craft glue
- Using the patterns provided, cut out parts for tree from the foam board using the craft knife. Cut out a 11 ½” x 8” rectangle from foam board.
- Paint the tree trunk with Chocolate Bar, tree top Lime Tree, the sky Cloudless and the base Crisp Green. Allow to dry
- Paint two large circles from the jumbo wood shape Cool Blue and one Cranberry.
- Paint two large tear drop shapes with a mix of Pool Blue and White. Paint the one more tear drop shape with a mix of Cranberry and White.
- Glue a clothespin to one blue wing and the other pink wing making sure the the opening of the clothespin is facing the rounded end of the wing so that it will grip the twine.
- For the last bird, paint a clothespin and two 1” pieces of the dowel with Chocolate Bar. Glue the clothespin to the back of the bird to form a beak.
- Glue the two dowels to the bottom of the bird for legs.
- Paint two oval wood shapes White. Allow to dry. Write “2nd Grade” on one and “Thank You” on the other. Glue twine the one and a 2” dowel to the other as shown in photo.
- On the base stencil the teachers name in White and use the black marker to add depth to the letters by only drawing on the right side of each letter part.
- Using the marker draw swirls on tree and wavy line on the trunk then use the liner brush to add White highlights around the swirls and the trunk as shown in photo.
- Use pattern provided for the eyes on birds and the beaks. Place the birds on the tree and pencil in the beaks and paint Chocolate Bar. Allow to dry. Paint the eyelashes Chocolate Bar and the eye highlight with White using the liner brush. Add a highlight to the wing with liner brush. Glue the birds in place. Hang the twine from the wings clothespins.
- Paint the blades of grass with the liner brush in Crisp Green at the bottom of the tree trunk.
- Make holes in the base for the sign and the bird’s legs and glue in place. Put tree together and glue to the base.
- Hang the gift card from the twine using the clothespins.