4” Styrofoam balls, Three 4”x16” pieces of pallet wood or a premade pallet from your local craft store, Two 3”x10” pieces of wood, Six ¾” wood screws, #1 Flat brush, #12 Flat brush, Hot glue, Sandpaper
- Lay the boards face down and screw the two smaller pieces of wood vertically to the pallet wood.
- Mix Nutmeg Brown, Jet Black and water together and stain the pallet sign.
- Tape off a large oval on one side of the plaque and paint with Satin Cream.
- Paint the words “Happy Fall” on the plaque as shown using Satin Cream.
- Sand the oval and the words to create a distressed look.
- Paint the tree trunk with Nutmeg Brown.
- Using Flamenco Red, paint the child’s hand and press at the top of the tree trunk as shown. Repeat for the remainder of the handprints. For the next layer use Spiced Carrot and the last layer King’s Gold. Do not wash the hand in between colors.
- Paint the Styrofoam balls with Spiced Carrot. With a thin straw, gently press vertical lines in the Styrofoam to create the look of a pumpkin. Hot glue a small stick stem to the top of the foam pumpkin. Hot glue the pumpkins to the pallet.