Daisy stencil, Plaid Stencils #30650 Peel and Stick Alphabet, Assorted bright fabrics, Hole punches 1” and 2 ½”, Poster board, Scissors, Needle and thread, Glue, Twine, Two small eye screws, Tape ¼”, Flat brush ½”, Stencil brush ¼”, Liner brush #1, Two 1” clothespins, Foam plates, Paper towels, Water basin, Adhesive foam dots
- Turn canvas over and base coat back area White. Let dry and place vertical stripes of tape over painted area using width of tape for spacing. Lightly paint with Key West. Remove tape.
- Using pennant pattern, cut out five pennants from assorted fabrics. Cut a length of twine and fold pennants over twine brushing glue over inside of fabric to secure. Let dry.
- Punch out twelve circles from poster board using the 1” punch. Punch out seven using the 2 ½” punch.
- Paint six of the 1” circles Tropic Orange. Paint the seven larger circles in colors shown.
- Stencil letters onto pennants and small painted circles using the alphabet stencil in Black.
- Stencil flower element from Daisies stencil onto larger circles in White.
- Arrange large circles onto frame of canvas and lightly mark. Stencil small petal element in Lime Tree around marked areas as shown. Use liner brush to paint stem details.
- Glue large circles and two small clothespins to frame. “Hang” banner from clothespins and trim excess twine. Use foam dots to attach small painted circles.
- 9. Using the remaining seven small circles, cut fabric circles approximately ¼” larger. Sew with running stitch along cut edge, place circle in center of wrong side of fabric and draw up thread closing the fabric over the circle. Knot and clip threads.
- Glue fabric circles to centers of large circles with white petals.
- Insert eye screws into top of frame and tie twine to create hanger.
Project Tip: Personalize further with name or different sentiment.