Decorative Snow, (2) Craft foam snowman body (one for each snowman), (4) 1/2" dia. black buttons with shank, (2) 1" red hearts, (3) 1/2" diameter yellow buttons, 5-1/2" diameter straw hat, Jumbo orange chenille stem, Small silk pine greenery, Berry picks, (2) 1" red star appliques, 1 yard of 1" blue ribbon, 1/2 yard of 1/4" green ribbon, 24 Gauge gold wire, Wire cutters, Blue & white felt, Scissors & pinking shears, 8" x 10" Red plaid fabric, Green strip for scarf, Cotton swabs, Craft sticks, Straight pins, Aluminum foil for palette
- Push a craft stick into the top and bottom of the snowman body. Use a craft stick to apply a thin even coat of the Delta Decorative Snow to entire body of the snowman. When completed, suspend the body over a box using the sticks at the ends to sit on the sides of the box. Allow to dry 24 hours.
- To create the nose, cut a 2" piece of the orange stem and trim one end to a point, push into the center of the face. Apply glue to the shank of the black buttons and press into place above the nose.
- Squeeze out a small amount of both colors of Delta Ceramcoat Acrylic Paint onto foil. Tap the otton swab into Lisa Pink and pounce onto face for cheeks referring to photo for placement.
- Cut off one end of a cotton swab and dip into the White, add highlights onto the button eyes. Let paint dry. A blow dryer will speed this step.
- Apply a bead of glue on face for the mouth. Press the E-beads into the glue to form a smile.
- Cut four arms of the white felt, and two blue mittens. Glue the mittens to the end of one set of arms using Delta Sobo Glue. Trim the white felt as need for the mittens to fit. Glue the red stars to the front of the mittens. Glue both sets of arms in place on the bodies.
- Glue the straw hat in place. Tie the blue ribbon around the hat and under the chin. Glue on a small piece of greenery and a heart button to the hat. Form a wreath of greenery, glue the hands in position for hold the wreath in place. Glue on the added berries and buttons. Glue the heart button to the front of the snowman.
- To create the stocking hat, fold up one long end of the plaid fabric and wrap around the head, overlapping by 1/2" in the back, trim off excess. Glue into place, add a few straight pins to hold in place until glue is set. Gather the ends of the fabric and tie a bow with the green ribbon. Cut the fabric for the scarf with pinking shears if desired and tie around the neck. Clip in ends of scarf to resemble fringe. Glue three larger berries in place down the front of the snowman.
- To form glasses, cut a 10" piece of the wire, form two circles for the lens, and bend back the remainder and poke into the head. Delta Tub O' Decorative Snow can be mixed with any of the 299 beautiful colors of Delta Ceramcoat Acrylic Paint to create Christmas trees, reindeer, Santa's and more! For a glittery sparkle, add a coat of clear Delta Sparkle Glaze™.