All Night Media ® Embellishments - Pop Dots™, Simply ® Stencils Value Pack Go Go Bugs, Purple scrapbook paper, Black scrapbook paper, 3" googly eyes, Glue stick, Hot glue gun, Liner brush, Stencil brush, Craft knife/Scissors, White paper bag, Black chenille stem, White posterboard, Black posterboard, Staple, 1" googly eyes, 1 ¼" Styrofoam ball, Halloween spider ring, Black paper cup, Black paper plate, Clear plastic and glass plate
- Cut a 7½" x 6" rectangle out of purple paper and a 5½" x 7 " rectangle out of black paper.
- Stencil the body of the bug only in Caterpillar; allow to dry. Hot glue eyes in place. As shown in photo, at the bottom right hand corner cut out a half circle with a zigzag edge to make it look like the bug took a bite. Make sure you have enough room to write "Oops." Using the patterns provided, paint "Come Join Me," antennas, legs and fangs and squiggly outline in White using a liner brush. On a separate piece of black paper paint "I Won't Bite" in White using a liner brush. Cut the phrase out using a squiggly motion; attach it to a piece of the purple paper with a glue stick. Cut purple paper around black paper leaving a purple border.
- Attach black paper to purple paper with a glue stick. Attach "I Won't Bite" with pop dots. Paint "Oops!" the outline of the teeth marks and the bugs smile in black using the liner brush.
- Stencil circles all over bag using Concord Grape, Pewter Grey, Black and Caterpillar.
- Cut out a 2½" x 4¾" rectangle from black paper and using the pattern provided paint "Happy Halloween" in white using a liner brush. Cut out a 5¼" x 2¾" rectangle out of purple paper. Glue the black paper to the purple paper using glue stick.
- Using the patterns provided, cut out a circle for the head of the bug from black posterboard; paint it with Caterpillari. Allow to dry. Cut out 2 circles from white posterboard for eyes and 2 circles from black posterboard for eyeballs. Use Pop Dots to attach eyeballs to eyes. Cut a black chenille stem in half and glue with hot glue onto the back of the bug face and bend at the ends. Outline face and eyes with black. Hot glue eye onto face at top. Paint the fangs white and the smile black. Fill bag with goodies.
- Fold bag down and staple. Hot glue bug to top of bag where stapled. Hot glue "Happy Halloween" at bottom.
- Paint Stryofoam ball Caterpillar. Let dry. Paint 2 triangles for fangs with White and make a smile uisng black.
- Push eyes down into the ball at top to make an indention. Hot glue into place. Cut black chenille stem in half and insert into the back of head with hot glue. Hot glue bug to top of spider.
- Use the circle stencil to make the Caterpillar face and the White eyes.
- Paint the fangs, small antennas and legs in White using a liner brush.
- Paint the eyeballs Black.
- Paint White squiggly lines around cup as shown in photo. Paint 1" below the rim so that your mouth will not come in contact with paint.
Get the Pattern
- Stencil body of bug Caterpillar in the center of the plate. Use the circles stencil to make eyes White. Allow to dry and then go back and paint the eyeballs and the smile Black with liner brush.
- Using the pattern provided, paint "creepy" in white with liner brush. Paint the antennas, legs, fangs and squiggly lines around the plate in white using liner brush. Add a clear plastic or glass plate onto top of painted plate. Do not eat directly off of painted plate.