Subscribe to the Plaid Crafts Newsletter for craft project ideas, product news, our live events, and more!
Make To Give Sale - 20% Off!
Spread the holiday cheer with personalized, hand-made gifts this Christmas! Save 20% during our Make To Give Sale on orders $60+ and get free U.S. ground shipping! This promotion cannot be combined with other promos. See shipping details.
Click to copy
Sale Ends 12/9/23
Buy To Give! Save 20%!
Explore 100s of ideas in our Holiday Gift Guide and save 20% on orders $60+ and get free U.S. ground shipping! This promotion cannot be combined with other promos. See shipping details.
Sale Ends 12/16/23
Your plain black shoes will be HOT after this painted flame project!
This project features these great brands:
At a Glance:
1. Surface Prep: For leather surfaces–gently wipe with alcohol to clean and remove debris. Let dry before painting. For vinyl–wash gently with soap and water, rinse well and let dry. For canvas–wash and dry according to care tag instructions before painting.
2. Remove laces. Tape off soles of shoes.
3. Using the project photo as inspiration, sketch out your flames using a pencil directly onto the shoe.
4. Fill in your entire flame area with Orange. Allow to dry and add another coat of orangeuntil you have a good basecoat.
5. Using red, paint the outermost areas of your flame.
6. Using yellow, paint the innermost part of your flames.
7. Now that you have your general colors laid out you will want to blend and create anombre between the colors.
8. Brush on small amounts of white in the yellow areas to create the “hottest” spots.
9. Using black, outline your flames to create a crisp edge.
10. Allow 24 hours to dry, and 30 days to fully cure.
11. Optional: For best results, seal with Kicks Studio Matte or High Gloss Finish.
12. Allow 24 hours to dry, and 30 days to fully cure. Allow the paint to fully cure before cleaning.
Disclaimer: The information found in each project is presented in good faith, but no warranty is given, nor results guaranteed, nor is freedom from any patent to be inferred. Since we have no control over physical conditions surrounding the application of information herein contained, Plaid Enterprises, Inc. disclaims any liability for untoward results.
Important: Please be sure to thoroughly read the instructions for all products, paying particular attention to all cautions and warnings shown to ensure the proper and safe use of the product.
Copyright: All Rights Reserved. No part of this Project may be reproduced in any form without permission in writing, except for your personal use, except by reviewer, who may in reviewing this project, quote brief passages in a magazine or newspaper.