5/8” Daubers, 1/4” Daubers, Tall Wood Birdhouse, Container for water, Paper towels, Foam plate, Scissors, Ribbon, Metal eye screw, Fine grit sandpaper, Folkart ® Paint Tools - Detail Painters
Surface Preparation: Sand any surface rough areas with fine grit sandpaper. Wipe with a paper towel.
- Colorbook paint/basecoat paint the following areas: Roof – Alternating rectangles are Pure Orange and Engine Red Roof Edges and Perch – Pure Orange Body of Birdhouse – Lemon Custard Base of Birdhouse – Engine Red
- Allow to dry and reapply a second coat if necessary.
- Paint the ladybug bodies by loading the 5/8” Dauber with Engine Red, painting Engine Red polka dots randomly around the base of the birdhouse.
- Load the 1/4" Dauber with Licorice and create smaller polka dots touching each of the Engine Red dots creating the ladybug head. Be careful when painting the ladybug heads not to have them all facing the same direction.
- Using a No. 2 Script Liner Brush loaded with thinned Licorice, paint the antennae. Add a small dot of Licorice at the ends of the antennae. Use the handle end of the No. 2 Script Liner Brush to create these small dots.
- Using the same color and brush handle end, add the black dots on the ladybug body. Paint curving flight path dots at the backside of each ladybug. To create descending size dots, dip the brush handle once into the paint and continue dotting until the paint is gone.
- Paint Pure Orange polka dots randomly as filler between the ladybugs on the base of the birdhouse.
- Add Lemon Custard dots to the Pure Orange rectangles on the roof. Paint using the handle end of the No. 12 Flat Brush to create the yellow polka dots.
- Attach the small metal eye screw to the top center of the birdhouse.
- Cut ribbon to desired length and thread through the eye screw and knot the ends, creating a hanger. Don’t forget to sign your name. Enjoy!