5/8” Daubers, 1/4” Daubers, Terra cotta flower pot, Terra cotta saucer, Container for water, Paper towels, Foam plate, Scissors, Craft ribbon with ladybug design, White craft glue, Folkart ® Paint Tools - Detail Painters
Surface Preparation: Wipe off flower pot and saucer with a paper towel.
- Colorbook paint/basecoat paint the following areas: Flower Pot Base – Lemon Custard, Flower Pot Rim and Base of Saucer – Licorice
- Allow to dry and reapply a second coat if necessary.
- Using the 1/4” dauber, dip the sponge end in Engine Red paint and randomly dab the flower pot to create the bodies of the ladybugs.
- Load Licorice on the handle end of the No. 2 Script Liner Brush; paint a dot next to the Engine Red body to create the ladybug head.
- Thin Licorice paint; using the No. 2 Script Liner Brush, paint a line down the center of the body of each ladybug and paint the antennae. Add dots of Licorice to the ends of the antennae using the handle end of the No. 2 Script Liner Brush.
- Paint the curving flight path behind each ladybug adding descending dots using the handle end of the No. 2 Script Liner Brush dipped in Licorice paint. Begin dotting closest to the ladybug, continue dotting without reloading.
- Measure craft ribbon long enough to wrap around the flower pot rim and glue in place. Tie a bow with remaining ribbon, trim and glue bow in place on rim.
- Don’t forget to sign your name.
- Fill your flower pot gift with a special surprise for your favorite gardener. Enjoy!