Subscribe to the Plaid Crafts Newsletter for craft project ideas, product news, our live events, and more!
DIY Pumpkin Sale - 20% off sitewide!
Create your stunning DIY pumpkins with Plaid this fall season! Save 20% on orders over $50 and get free U.S. ground shipping. This promotion cannot be combined with other promos. See shipping details.
Click to copy
Sale Ends 9/16/23
Spooktacular Fall Crafts Sale! Save 25%
Stock up and save for all your fall crafts and projects during our Spooktacular Fall Crafts sale! Save 25% on orders over $60 and get free U.S. ground shipping. This promotion cannot be combined with other promos. See shipping details.
Sale Ends 9/23/23
Everyone's favorite reptile comes to life with this Alligator Loki inspired pumpkin design! Decorate your Halloween party with this unique pumpkin from the hit show Loki for added charm and fun to your space.
This project features these great brands:
At a Glance:
1. Remove stem from Faux Pumpkin.
2. Make a pattern for Pumpkin using Kitchen Cling Wrap and Masking Tape.
3. Cut out Pattern and transfer onto Textured Fabric.
4. Adhere Textured Fabric onto Faux Pumpkin.
5. Use a Rotary Tool on 10mm EVA Foam Bevels to create spiked details.
6. Glue on Foam Bevels around the fabric seams.
7. Cut and carve horns out of EVA Foam.
8. Texture horns using Wood Burning Tool, Aluminum Foil, and Rotary Tool.
9. Drybrush Textured Fabric using a variety of FolkArt Treasure Gold Paints.
10. Add a Wash using FolkArt Matte Pure Black by mixing a 1:1 ratio of paint and water.
11. Wipe away any excess paint with a paper towel.
12. Drybrush of FolkArt Christmas Green over Textured Fabric.
13. Paint spike details and helm using FolkArt Treasure Gold.
14. Apply wash repeating steps listed above.
15. Seal everything using Mod Podge Gloss.
16. Adhere horns onto Pumpkin Base.
View this post on Instagram A post shared by PlaidFX (@plaidfx)
A post shared by PlaidFX (@plaidfx)
Learn more about FolkArt Premium Acrylic Paint by watching this video!
Crafting a new surface? Learn which FolkArt paint works best!
Frequently asked questions about FolkArt Paint.
Disclaimer: The information found in each project is presented in good faith, but no warranty is given, nor results guaranteed, nor is freedom from any patent to be inferred. Since we have no control over physical conditions surrounding the application of information herein contained, Plaid Enterprises, Inc. disclaims any liability for untoward results.
Important: Please be sure to thoroughly read the instructions for all products, paying particular attention to all cautions and warnings shown to ensure the proper and safe use of the product.
Copyright: All Rights Reserved. No part of this Project may be reproduced in any form without permission in writing, except for your personal use, except by reviewer, who may in reviewing this project, quote brief passages in a magazine or newspaper.