4 small paper maché boxes (need 4 lids and 2 boxes), 2 wooden candle cups with a ½" hole, 2 7/16" dowel rods 7" long, 2 tablespoons rice, 20 10mm round sequins, Festive napkin, Tissue paper, Wrapping paper or scrapbook paper, Decorative stickers as desired, 3/8" drill bit, Hot glue gun, Paintbrush
- Match 2 tops to each base (one on top and one on the bottom).
- Cut dowel rods to seven inches each.
- Use the end of a dowel rod to mark on one end of each box and drill hole.
- Push rod into hole until it reaches opposite side of the box and glue well to secure to the inside of the box. Repeat for second box.
- Attach candle cups to ends of each dowel rod and hot glue in place.
- Add one tablespoon of rice to each box and glue tops and “bottoms” onto each box.
- Basecoat boxes with Wicker White if you are using light colored napkins or tissue paper and Licorice if you are using a dark colored napkin or tissue paper. Let dry.
- Use Mod Podge to decoupage box fronts then sides; allow to dry, add stickers and give a second coat of Mod Podge.
- Paint dowels as shown in photo and add sequins using hot glue.