Wood Plaque, Wood Tree Ornament, Wood rectangle, #12 Flat brush, Assorted buttons, Jute, Liner brush, Craft glue, Ruler, Pencil
1. On top edge of plaque, 1/2" in, drill small holes to hang plaque.Paint plaque Vintage White.
2. Paint wood rectangle Hauser Green Medium and a wet paint brush.
3. When dry, carefully sand both pieces and wipe with a soft cloth.
4. Paint the trunk of the tree with Raw Sienna, and the body of the tree Hauser Green Medium.
When dry, carefully sand.
5. Measure and lightly pencil mark the edges of the plaque at 1/2" intervals.
6. Use the #12 flat brush to paint Apple Spice stripes, horizontally and vertically. Use a lightly wet brush, dipping lightly into the Apple Spice paint for each stripe. Let dry.
7. Thin Raw Sienna paint with a bit of water and load the #12 flat brush. Using the chisel edge of the brush, stroke thin lines on either side of the Apple Spice stripes. When dry, lightly sand the plaque.
8. Use a toothpick, dipped into Vintage White, to paint small dots randomly over the surface of the wooden rectangle.
9. Use the liner brush to paint a greeting on the wooden rectangle in Apple Spice.
10. When all pieces are dry, assemble the plaques and attach buttons with craft glue.
11. Loop the jute through the holes at the top of the plaque. Tie jute in a knot to attach the tree at the right corner of the plaque. Tie jute in a knot in the center of the hanger.