FolkArt ® Home Decor™ Chalk - Yellow Crochet, 8 oz. - 34156, Chest of drawers, Tarp, Paintbrushes, Sanding sponge, Buffer Rag, Scrapbook Papers, Scissors or craft knife, Ruler, Handles
- Prep the chest of drawers by giving it a quick wipe down. Make any repairs before painting.
- Paint 1 coat of Yellow Crochet over the entire chest. Wait for the paint to dry for 1 hour. Paint two coats of Maui Sand over the Yellow Crochet (allow dry time in between). Dry for 2 hours.
- Using a sanding sponge, lightly sand the edges of the drawers, around the top, down the sides and around the legs. Sand the top of the chest. As you sand you will see the Yellow Crochet color popping through. Wipe clean with a damp paper towel. Allow to dry.
- Paint 1 coat of Clear Wax over the entire chest of drawers. Let dry 1 hour. Buff with a buffing cloth.
- Cut the papers to fit the front of the drawers. You might need to piece the papers together. We used a different paper for each drawer. Apply a coat of Mod Podge to the front of the drawer and the back of the paper. Position the paper onto the drawer. Press with your fingers to remove any air bubbles. Wait 15 min. and then top-coat with Mod Podge. Allow to dry for 1 hour.
- Add knobs to the chest. Wait 24 hours before handling.
- PROJECT TIP: Paper packs are great for a mixed match look. They generally come with 10 or more designs that have been pre-selected to look good together.