Sheet of newsprint, Brown tissue paper, 12” Balloon, Moss basket tray, Dried moss, Sponge, Scissors, Hot glue, Wax paper, Water basin
PatternsFree Printable Papers
- Print out two copies of the downloadable Easter decoupage papers.
- To prep, coat each page front and back with the Mod Podge Gloss, letting one side dry before coating the flip side.
- Set aside and let dry. This technique will make your papers stronger and flexible.
Papier Mache Egg House
- Inflate the balloon to desired size. Tear ½” strips of newsprint the length of the balloon.
- Dampen newsprint with a sponge to make pliable. Apply Mod Podge Gloss to the balloon and lay the damp strip down and topcoat with the Gloss.
- Repeat gluing and overlapping the strips all the way around the balloon. Let dry.
- Add a second layer of newsprint. Let dry.
- Tear pieces of brown tissue paper. Apply Gloss over the newsprint and lay the tissue paper down and topcoat with the Gloss, overlapping the pieces.
- Continue until the egg is completely covered. You may want to add a second layer of tissue paper. Let dry completely.
- Draw an opening for the door and windows. Cut out with scissors. This will pop the balloon. Remove balloon.
- Paint the inside of the house in Hot Pink and White. Use quick brush strokes mixing the pink with the white to give a painterly effect. Let dry.
- Cut stripes of flowers, larger flowers and windows. Apply all of the prepped pieces to the egg with Gloss or Sparkle, your choice. The wallpaper stripes inside the egg, the flowers around the outside and the windows inside and out. See project photo for reference.
- Hot glue dried moss inside the house, around the door opening and a mound on the roof.
- Hot glue in place a large bunny, chicks, flowers and eggs inside the egg. Add a few flowers on the top of the egg.
- Cut out the large cabbages, smaller cabbages and take additional small cabbages and cut out the center circle so that your cabbages are three layers. Pinch each layer and hot glue together forming eight 3D cabbage. Glue two rows of cabbages to the tray.
- Cut two rows of carrots. Cut each row in half and glue back to back to have carrots on both sides. Cut out carrots and glue to the tray.
- Cut out the smallest bunnies and glue in the garden.
- Stain the wooden sign with watery Real Brown paint. Let dry.
- With a liner brush, paint Bunny Garden in Raw Umber.
- Glue a chick and a small piece of moss on the sign. Hot glue the sign in place.
Get the Pattern
- Paint small papier mache each Hot Pink, Lime Green and Light Blue. As you paint each egg, use quick brushstrokes add a small amount of White to give a pastel, painterly look. Let dry.
- Mod Podge bunnies, chicks, flowers onto the eggs by applying Gloss on the egg and the back of the image, press in p-lace and topcoat with additional Gloss. Let dry.
- To create egg cups, cut a long strip of chicks, grass and bunnies and bend in a circle then glue in place. Set eggs inside.