Paper mache house with removable roof, Tissue paper in your choice of colors, Cardstock in coordinating colors, Scissors, Craft glue, 1 small white button, Ric rac trim in your choice of color
- Paint your paper mache house in the color of your choice. I recommend going with White or a very light color so the tissue paper stands out better. Paint several coats and let dry.
- Cut tissue paper into squares—enough to cover the house.
- Use Mod Podge Washout to adhere all the squares to the house in a random pattern. Keep Mod Podging the house and adding tissue paper until the house is completely covered. Let dry.
- Trim any tissue paper that overlaps the edges using the scissors.
- Cut the cardstock to make a door and two windows, as well as any other pieces of the house you like (transom, chimney, etc.).
- Mod Podge these cardstock pieces to the house and let dry.
- Glue a button to the front door as a knob.
- Glue ric rac trim around the edge of the roof – trim and let dry.
- Let dry 24 hours before using.