Magazine holder, Wrapping Paper, Scissors, Ruler, Pencil, Wax Paper, Squeegee, Flat brush ½”, Foam Spouncer®, Tape, Chalk, Paper towels, Brush basin, Foam plates
- If your paper has a set pattern, begin by cutting the front panel with some overlap on both sides. Trace around metal frame and cut that shape out of paper piece.
- Seal the front of all paper pieces with a coat of Matte. When dry, Apply a coat of Matte to holder surface. Place paper onto surface, cover with wax paper and use squeegee to smooth any bumps. Repeat process around remaining sides matching the pattern. Seal whole surface several coats of Matte to seal.
- Tape off two areas on front end of holder as shown. Use scissors to cut rounded edges into tape at corners.
- Using Spouncer, apply one coat of chalkboard paint. Tap lightly over paint with Spouncer to smooth out bubbles. Let dry and then apply second coat. Remove tape.
- When chalkboard paint is cured, condition the surface by rubbing side of chalk over surface. Wipe with soft cloth or paper towel.
Tip: Create more chalkboard shapes on all sides of holder for more personalization.