FolkArt ® Ultra Dye™ Colors - Solar Power, 8 oz. #5602, FolkArt ® Ultra Dye™ Colors - Lady Marmalade, 8 oz. #5612, FolkArt ® Ultra Dye™ Brush Pack. #5617, FolkArt ® Ultra Dye™ Satin Varnish, 8 oz. #5618, Unfinished natural woven basket, Brush basin, Paper towels, Foam bowls and plates, Cotton cloth, Craft knife, Plastic gloves, Medium- to fine-grit sandpaper
- Pour each dye: Raspberry Beret, Solar Power and Lady Marmalade into a foam bowl.
- From start to finish working with all three colors, work one side of the natural woven basket at a time. Begin by loading the FolkArt Ultra Dye Brush with Raspberry Beret.
- Brushing the dye horizontally onto the basket, apply Raspberry Beret approximately one third the height of the basket.
- Clean the brush then load it with Lady Marmalade. Working upwards on the next third of the basket, apply Lady Marmalade allowing it to blend with the wet Raspberry Beret. Clean the brush and load it with Solar Power.
- Lastly add a couple additional rows of Solar Power allowing it to blend with Lady Marmalade where they meet horizontally. Leave a few woven rows of basket natural along the top edge of the basket.
- Repeat for each of the three remaining basket sides. Allow to dry.
- If desired, the woven basket can be sealed for protection by applying a coat of FolkArt Ultra Dye Satin Varnish to the surface. Allow to dry and completely cure.
- Blended dye applications always look best when working in similar color families such as blue/green, or pink/red, or yellow/orange, etc.
Woven surfaces can also be sealed with a spray clear acrylic.