FolkArt ® Milk Paint™ - Finishing Oil, 3.7 oz. #38938, FolkArt ® Milk Paint™ Brush, 2 inch #38999, Brush Basin or container for water, Paper towels, Foam bowls and plates for palettes, Lint-free cotton cloth, Craft knife, Medium or fine grit sandpaper, Tack cloth, Unfinished wood buffet-style console cabinet
- Wipe down the unfinished wood console cabinet to remove dust. Remove decorative knobs and set aside. Lightly sand all surfaces to create a smooth surface as well as open the wood pores before painting.
- Pour a small amount of Folk Art Milk Paint Plymouth Rock into a foam bowl.
- Using the 2" FolkArt Milk Paint paintbrush, apply an even coat of Plymouth Rock to the entire console cabinet. Let dry 30 minutes.
- When dry, apply a second coat of Plymouth Rock. Allow to dry again.
- Using the Sanding Foam Block or medium grit sandpaper, lightly sand the edges of the console cabinet as well as areas that normally would be worn overtime to achieve a slightly distressed effect.
- Use a tack cloth to remove sanding dust.
- Working a section at a time, brush on a light application of FolkArt Milk Paint Finishing Oil to the entire cabinet.
- While Finishing Oil is still penetrating the surface, lightly sand the surface with fine-grit sandpaper to achieve a velvety smooth finish.
- Replace decorative knobs. Allow completed project to cure prior to using.
NOTE: FolkArt Finishing Oil will take 30 days to completely penetrate and cure the Milk Paint painted unfinished surface. It is important to allow the surface to completely cure prior to placing decorative items on it.