Brush Basin or container for water, Paper towels, Foam bowls and plates for palettes, Lint-free cotton cloth, Craft knife, Medium or fine grit sandpaper, Tack cloth, Unfinished wood buffet-style console cabinet
- Wipe down the unfinished wood console cabinet to remove dust. Remove decorative knobs and set aside.
- Pour a small amount of FolkArt Home Decor Chalk - Maui Sand into a foam bowl.
- Using the FolkArt Home Decor Chalk Paintbrush, apply an even coat of Maui Sand to the entire console cabinet. Let dry 30 minutes.
- Using the Sanding Foam Block or medium grit sandpaper, lightly sand the edges of the console cabinet as well as areas that normally would be worn overtime to achieve a slightly distressed effect.
- Use a tack cloth to remove sanding dust.
- Working a section at a time, brush on a light application of FolkArt Home Decor Wax - Clear to the entire cabinet.
- Replace decorative knobs. Allow completed project to cure prior to using.