Fabric Creations™ Soft Fabric Inks - Marigold, 2 oz. - 25984, 5 small white fake feathers, Liner and 1/2" flat paint brushes, 5 small bottles with neck lip, 24" long piece of thin wire, Wood slice, Glass dome
- Feather designs are endless. The ones pictured were painted as described below:
- Pink: Basecoat in Carnation with the flat brush paint from the center rib out. Paint the base of the feather Grapefruit and blend up.
- Blue Spotted: base coat half of the feather Navy and the other half Aqua. Paint small Black spots over entire feather.
- Brown: Basecoat in Ganache. Paint the tip Black. Paint tiny White dots over the Black tip and a few at the bottom of the feather.
- Navy: Basecoat the feather with an ombré of Navy to White. Paint the tip of the feather Marigold.
- Gray: Paint stripes on the feather in Grey Mist. Paint a line of Lime Green dots in between the gray stripes.
- You may need to paint both sides of the feather for full coverage. Feel free to water down the paint slightly for easier coverage. Set aside to dry.
- Arrange the five bottles in a line. Take your wire and fold in half. Take the bent end and twist 3-5 times. Separate the two ends of the wire and twist around the lip of the first bottle 4-5 times. Again separate the two wire and twist around the next bottle's lip. Continue until all of the bottles are connected.
- Twist the wires closed around the final bottle. Curve all of the bottles into a circle. Wrap the leftover wire around the first bottle and trim the wire if necessary.
- Place the feather collection on a wood slice and cover with a glass dome.