Rocks, Pom-poms, Hot glue, Paper plate, Water basin, Paper towels
- Select 8-10 rocks in various sizes and with a relatively smooth texture. To prep the rocks for painting, wash with warm soapy water and let dry.
- Paint each rock a solid color of the colors listed using the flat angled brush. (For the lighter purple rock shown, mix one part white to one part princess purple.) Let dry.
- Paint a black line for a mouth on each rock. Let dry.
- Paint round white eyes and pointed teeth on each rock.
- Paint details on each rock to create hair, scales, bumps, stripes and dots using the detail brushes. Let dry.
- Paint black dot pupils in each white eye using the smallest detail brush. Paint the dots in different locations to make the eyes appear to be looking up, down, straight ahead, left or right. You can even make then look cross-eyed!
- Attach various pom-poms to the rocks using hot glue. See project photo for inspiration.
- Share your Rock Monster Buddies with us at #plaidcrafts!