Smooth rocks 3-4” wide, White gel pen, Paper plate, Water basin, Paper towels
- Select four rocks that have a flat surface in which to paint. To prep the rocks for painting, wash with warm soapy water and let dry.
- Paint the top of each rock leaving a ¼” edge of rock. Paint one of each: Greenscape, Teal, Greenscape with a little Pure Black added to create a darker shade, and Teal with a little Wicker White to make a lighter shade. Use your flat angled brush to coat. Let dry.
- To create the ½” ombré around each rock top, mix a little white into a color and blend down to the solid of the color. The four colors shown are Classic Green, Teal, Lavender and Moon Yellow. Let dry.
- Write the quote on the dried painted rock in a white gel pen. Draw the letters with enough space in between each letter to be able to paint over the lines and still read. If you make a mistake you can wipe away with a little water and paper towel until you get it just right.
- Paint each quote in white using the liner brush. Let dry.
- See project photo for inspiration. Share your Painted Rocks with us at #plaidcrafts!