Small (4”x4”) canvas tote bags, Stencil brush, Waxed paper, Stencil tape
- Before painting, wash and iron fabric surfaces. Do not use fabric softener, dryer sheets, or spray starch; these products can prevent the paints from adhering properly. Place a sheet of waxed paper inside of each bag.
- Use tape to mask off stripes. With a stencil brush, paint stripes Wicker White.
- With Brush On paints, stencil birthday designs over stripes using photo for color placement.
- Use Dimensional Paints to outline designs.
- Bags may be personalized for party guests with alphabet stencil in Value Pack.
Folk Art® Fabric™ Brush-on paints are dry to the touch in 24 hours and cure in 72 hours. Heat setting is recommended for best durability. Allow the painted design to dry overnight. Heat set the painted piece using a dry iron and pressing cloth over the painted fabric. Place the iron on the painted item for 10 seconds. Do not slide the iron across the fabric. To heat set items painted with brush-on paints and embellished with dimensional paints, turn the item inside out and place in a clothes dryer on gentle cycle for 30 minutes on the highest setting allowed for the type of fabric used. Do not iron over dimensional paint.