Alphabet Stencil, Twine, Hole punch, 18" grape vine arch, 1" wooden balls, Black posterboard, Brown gift box 9" x 4 1/2" x 4 1/2", 5" x 7" wooden plaque, 4' 3/16" wooden dowel, 3/16" drill bit, Drill, White paper, Cream paper, 1/4" red ribbon, Staples, Hot glue gun, Flat brush, Stencil brush, Masking tape, Craft knife/Scissors, Toothpicks
- Drill a 3/16" hole in the center of 5" x 7" plaque. Cut the 4' wooden dowel into 1-18 1/2" piece, 2-10 1/2" pieces using scissors or wire cutters. Glue the 18 1/2" piece into previously drilled plaque. Paint all dowels and plaque nutmeg. Set aside.
- Paint 1" balls Bright Red.
- Use patterns provided and cut 2 sails from white paper for each dowel. Stencil the skull and swords and X in Black as shown in photo. Make Black stitching with liner brush.
- Fold a white piece of paper in half. About 3/4" from fold stencil flag in Bright Red. This will leave room to slip it onto pole. Make stitching in Black. Hot glue flag together. Leave a space to onto pole.
- Slide vine arch very carefully onto center pole. Make the front of the boat slightly higher than the back. Hot glue onto plaque. Hot glue the 2 other dowels in place. Refer to photo for placement.
- To make the sails hot glue paper togerther on the inside side edges. Slide onto poles. Hot glue into place.
- Slide flag into place and hot glue.
- Hot glue red balls on top.
- Dip brush into Nutmeg and remove excess paint on paper towel. Lightly brush box.
- Tape off 3/8" on all edges and paint Black. Make nails by dipping the end of a paint brush into White and dotting within the back trim as shown in photo.
- Stencil anchor on top of box.
- Paint the inside of the lid Black and stencil the skull and swords in White on top of black.
- To change the existing lid, lay box flat so that the front of the box is facing up. Use a ruler and a craft knife to score the back of the inside lid 1 1/4" from top edge. This will allow the box to fold back easily. Remember to only score the back not the sides or front. Cut the top front and top side of box 1 1/4" from top edges using a craft knife. You may want to place a piece of cardboard between the back of the box and the front and sides of box so that you will not cut the back. Stencil the rope on front of box White. Assemble the box and staple the old lid in place at front.
- Paint the inside of box Black.
- Hot glue 2 5 1/2" pieces of twine tied in a knot to front of box.
- Punch 2 holes on sides of box 1 1/4" from top and space 2" apart making sure they are centered. Cut 2 pieces of twine to desired lengths and feed through holes. Tie knots on the inside to hold into place.
- Fill box with shredded gold filler.
- Using pattern provided, cut front and back of hat from black posterboard.
- Stencil skull and trim with White, sword with Bright Yellow and name with Bright Red. Glue or staple together where indicated on pattern.
- Crumple a piece of cream paper several times to make the paper looked used.
- Tear the edges. Dip stencil brush into Nutmeg and then remove excess paint with a paper towel. Paint edges lightly so they appear aged.
- Stencil treasure map in Black and the X in Bright Red at the bottom of paper.
- Use the pattern provided for the party information. Roll up and tie with red ribbon.
Get the Pattern
- On White paper stencil the body of the parrot Parakeet, the beak Bright Yellow, the feet Nutmeg and the eye Black. Cut out around bird using a craft knife. Hot glue bird to toothpick.