Frame, Stencil tape in two sizes, #10 flat paint brush, Liner brush, Felt flowers, Buttons, White craft glue
- Paint horizontal stripes of Jamaican Sea and Yellow Citron using the 1/2" stencil tape. Make sure that your stripes are equal in size – you can eyeball it or you can measure it. Allow to dry.
- The next step is to add more stencil tape on the color Jamaican Sea stripes. Using the 1/8" stencil tape, tape off lines on both the top and bottom of color Jamaican Sea stripes. Paint in between the tape with color Teal and allow to dry.
- Time to flip the frame vertically to paint more stripes. Using the 1/2" stencil tape, create stripes on the frame and paint with color Yellow Citron. Once you do this, you’ll start to see the plaid pattern develop. Allow to dry.
- Go back to the color Jamaican Sea stripes and tape on the top and bottom of them as you did before (using the 1/8" stencil tape). Paint with color Teal. You now have stripes going vertically and horizontally with colors Yellow Citron and Teal. Allow to dry.
- Repeat the process with color Aqua, except this time you are going to paint in the MIDDLE of color Teal stripes (both vertically and horizontally). Allow to dry.
- Once your plaid pattern is done, finish it by accenting with Wicker White. How extensive you get with your detail is up to you!
- Add some embellishments, such as buttons of flowers with white craft glue to finish.