Orange Chalkboard Paint, Wooden lap desk, 4½" Round plaque, 3/8" Craft wood, 1" Half balls (2), 1½" Round disc (2), 5/8" Wooden balls (2), Scrap piece of screening, Wire, Hot glue gun, Wood glue, ¾" brush, Drill, Scroll saw, Pencil
Get the Pattern
- Draw the tv screen on to board, refer to photo for placement. Paint the screen with black Chalkboard Paint and the outside of the screen with purple Chalkboard Paint. Allow to dry. Using the pattern provided, add the tv speaker and paint slate gray. Allow to dry and the take a piece of screen and using a stencil brush go over the screen with black Chalkboard Paint.
- Above the tv screen paint 2-2 1/2" circles as shown in photo. Paint the 2 round disc and the 2 half balls with Hot Pink Chalkboard Paint. Glue to orange circles with hot glue.
- Using the pattern provided, cut out the 2 legs, paint Hot Pink Chalkboard Paint. Allow to dry and then paint the ends with Black Chalkboard Paint. Glue to back of the bottom of TV.
- Paint the round plaque Black Chalkboard Paint. Allow to dry and glue to back of the top of TV. Drill 2 holes for the antennas into the to of the plaque. Wrap 2 wire around a pencil to make springs. Glue on end into the plaque. Paint the 2 3/4" balls pink and drill hole into them. Glue the balls to the other end of wire.
- Shade with Black Chalkboard Paint paint. Loosely outline the speakers, orange circles and the knobs with a liner brush using Black Chalkboard Paint.
- Let cure 24 hours. Lightly rub chalk over surface to condition.