3 large plastic flower pots, 11 medium plastic flower pots, 11 small plastic flower pots, Plastic Adirondack chair, Assorted fabrics, Clothesline, White pillowcase, 2 silk daisies, 2 extra small doilies, Wide yellow ribbon, Eyelet lace, 2 blue buttons for eyes, 2 pearl buttons for shirt, Silk grass or fern, Scissors, Craft glue, Hot glue, Drill, 5/16” drill bit, ¾” flat brush, Sewing machine, Ruler
- Cut the fabric into about 2” squares. Cover each pot with a different patterned fabric using the Mod Podge.
- Brush Mod Podge on the back of the fabric that will be on the chair. Allow to dry.
- Cut out the shapes of the slats and mod podge onto the chair. Repeat with the legs and arm rests. Allow to dry and then put on a topcoat.
- For the apron, cut the pillowcase down one side and across the bottom. Your pillowcase should be open and lay flat. Measure the length between the rim of the large pot to the bottom and add a few inches pass. Now cut to length. Make sure that the opening end of pillowcase with the large hem is the bottom of the apron. Using the largest stitch on sewing machine gather the raw edge to the width that you desire and glue it to the bottom of the wide yellow ribbon. Make sure ribbon is long enough to go around her waist.
- Brush Mod Podge on the back of the fabric that will be used for the pockets on the apron. Allow to dry. Cut out 5” squares and Mod Podge to the apron. Allow to dry. Glue the eyelet lace to the top edge of the pockets.
- Drill a 5/16” holes in the bottom of all the small and medium pots.
- Cut off four 5’ pieces of the clothesline for the arms and legs. Drill 5/16” holes into the lower part of one of the large pots facing outward for the legs. Drill 5/16” holes into the lower part of the other large pot coming out the sides for the arms.
- Tie a large knot into one end of each of the 5’ pieces of rope. Thread though holes on each large pot. Pull on the rope to make sure that the knot is large enough to hold all the weight of the arms and legs.
- Using the craft glue, glue the body together rim to rim. Allow to dry completely.
- Thread the small pots onto the rope for arms tying a knot under each pot to keep it from sliding onto the next. Repeat with the medium pots for legs.
- For the face remove the daisies from their stems and fold in half secure with glue. Hot glue onto face for eyelashes. Hot glue two small doilies for eyes. Hot glue the blue buttons on eyes. Cut out a shape of lips from fabric and Mod Podge them to face.
- Glue her head on with craft glue. Allow to dry.
- Glue buttons on shirt.
- Cut out papers for the flower pot and Mod Podge onto medium sized pot.
- Add a plant for her hair into the top pot (head).
- Rip strips of fabric from scrapes and tie between the large pots and arms and large pots and legs to cover up any rope that might be showing.