Unfinished wood photo storage box 9 ¾” x 12 ½” x 3 ¼”, ¼ yd Burlap, Sponge brush, Spray adhesive, Buttons, Hot glue gun and glue, Sandpaper
- Follow kit instructions for cross stitch panel.
- Basecoat exterior of box with FolkArt Acrylic Paint.
- After paint dries, rough up edges and corners with sandpaper, giving a worn look.
- Trim sides of stitched panel to ¾” from stitching.
- Spread a thin coat of Mod Podge Fabric to the back of the stitched panel. Allow to dry.
- Spread a second coat of Mod Podge Fabric to the back of the stitched panel and center piece onto the lid of the box. Smooth with fingers.
- Cut two 1” x 9” strips from the burlap. One at a time, spray one side of the burlap strip and place one at the top and bottom of the stitched piece to create a border.
- Cut two 1” x 10” strips from the burlap. Again, spray one side of the burlap, one at a time, and place on each side of the stitched piece to finish the border.
- Cut 2” strips of burlap to the size of each side of the box and the box’s front. Spray with adhesive and attach to the box one at a time. Hot glue buttons to the top as desired.