Cheap mirror with frame, Roll of aluminum tape, Scissors, Can of Silver Metallic Spray paint, Rag or paper towels, Two 3” wide by 30” long strips of green organza OR 30” of wide matching ribbon, Hot glue gun and glue
- Take the mirror out of the frame.
- Cut your aluminum tape in small pieces and start taping them around your mirror frame. Don’t worry if you get creases, you want creases!
- When your entire frame is covered rub it with a rag to make sure the tape is sticking everywhere and shows the shape of the frame perfectly.
- Dab your paper towel or rag in some green paint and rub it along the frame so that it catches in the creases.
- Rub most of the paint off only leaving hints of it here and there.
- When dry, repeat the process with the gold metallic paint until you get the desired effect.
- While that is drying, lightly dust the edges of your actual mirror with the silver spray paint.
- Do this right on top of the mirror to give it an antique aged feel.
- When everything is dry, replace the mirror in the frame. I like to hot glue my mirrors in their frames (especially cheaper frames) so they are more sturdy.
- Tie a bow in your ribbon or organza and hot glue it to the back of your mirror to hang.