Mod Podge ® Glow-in-the-Dark, 8 oz., 2' X 3' bulletin board with frame, Color printout of the solar system at desired size, Goop Glue (or E-6000), Small wood stars, Flat head thumb tacks, Natural ocean sponge, #1 script liner, Pencil, Foam brush
- Paint cork surface with 2 smooth coats of Midnight using sponge brush to apply – let dry between coats.
- Use the stencil tape to tape around inside of frame. Paint frame Yellow Lemon. Let dry. Sponge over yellow frame with Pure Orange, letting some yellow show through. Remove and discard tape. Let frame dry.
- Paint wood stars Yellow Lemon. Let dry. Paint with 3 coats Mod Podge, letting dry between coats.
- Glue each star onto a flat head thumb tack using Goop Glue.
- Paint over planet printouts with Mod Podge. When dry, cut out carefully and set aside. Glue the ½ sun onto the left side of bulletin board as shown. With Spouncer, pounce a Yellow Lemon ring around the sun. Pounce a Pure Orange ring around the yellow one.
- With a pencil, draw the largest arc around sun starting lines approximately 1” inside top and bottom edge of frame.
- Continue drawing smaller arcs until you have a total of 8 orbital paths.
- Use script liner to apply Neon Yellow paint over pencil lines. Let dry.
- Using Spouncer and Mod Podge, glue each planet onto its proper orbital path position. Paint Mod Podge over top of all planets. Use several coats, drying in between to increase the time planets' glow in dark. Attach names for each if desired.