FolkArt ® Stains - Maple, 2 oz. #2803, Unfinished 11 ½” square wood plate – sanded smooth, Paper towels or shop rags (works best)
- Carefully apply Maple Stain to the center of plate surface using ¾” flat brush. Wipe gently with paper towel or shop rag to remove excess stain. Let dry and reapply for darker color. Wipe away excess stain with shop rag. Note: Wiping with rag after each application of stain will help the grain of the wood to show through.
- Stain the border and backside of plate with a wash of Italian Sage Stain. Wipe and let dry.
- Paint random daisies using Sterling Blue using a #12 flat brush. Dot centers with end of brush using White Stain.
- Using script liner brush loaded with Light Gray, outline random daisy shapes. Add leaf and vein outlines to some of the flowers. Refer to photo for placement ideas.
- For added durability and to deepen the beauty of the stained project, spray lightly with several coats of Matte Acrylic Sealer, letting each coat to dry. Note: be sure to do this in a well ventilated area.