Balloon,Assorted fabric pieces,Twine,Assorted buttons,Glue/hot glue gun,Toothpick,Clay pot 3 ½”,Scrapbook paper,Styrofoam ball or oasis,Wood candle cup ½”,Dowel rod ¼”, Flat brush ¼”,Flat brush ½”,Scissors,Paper towels,Foam plates,Water basin
- Blow up balloon and hang up side down.
- Cut fabric pieces into small squares. Cut curves into the ends of your top color pieces to create scallop edge as shown.
- Apply pieces to balloon using Stiffy®. Work your way to small end of balloon and leave an opening. Let dry referring to bottle instructions.
- Paint clay pot, dowel rod and toothpick Territorial Beige. Paint candle cup Bright Magenta.
- Cut a circle from scrapbook paper large enough to insert inside pot as shown. Poke a hole in center to accommodate dowel rod.
- Cut a small flag from paper as shown. Fold around toothpick and secure with glue.
- Pop the balloon when fabric is thoroughly stiffened and remove.
- Glue oasis or Styrofoam in bottom of pot. Insert dowel rod and then place round paper circle over rod into pot.
- Place a glob of glue at the top of dowel rod and place stiffened fabric balloon over rod. Let dry thoroughly.
- Cut lengths of twine and tie two lengths through smaller buttons that are then glued around rim of pot.
- Pull twine pieces up around balloon as shown and secure with glue.
- Glue buttons over twine ends.
- Insert toothpick into candle cup and glue to top of balloon.
Personalize balloon with name for a specific occasion.