Colored foam sheets: black; red; royal blue, Styrofoam disk- 8" diameter x 2" deep, Styrofoam balls- 1 each: 3"; 4"; 5", 7 black 5 mm pom poms, Floral wire, Felt squares- 1 each: mustard yellow; green; red, Blue poly/cotton fabric- 22" x 2½", White embroidery floss, Toothpicks, Glue, Tape, Ruler, Permanent black marker- ultra fine point, Craft knife and blades, 2 twigs- 3½" long, Purchased wooden carrot- 3/4" long
- With large Spouncer and Pinwheel Blue, paint top of Styrofoam disk; let dry. Apply Gloss White dots with small Spouncer.
- Cut a 25½" x 2" band from red foam (piece together). Stencil snowflake along band with Gloss White and small Spouncer.
- Write words on band with permanent marker ("and the snow snow snow came down down down"). Glue band around edge of base. Use tape to hold ends until dry.
Get the Pattern
- Using toothpicks as pegs, assemble and glue three Styrofoam balls together, largest to smallest.
- Enlarge vest pattern 500%; cut from yellow felt. Stamp snowflakes onto one side of vest with King's Gold; let dry.
- Glue vest around center ball, turning back lapels. Cut 3 slits around top edge of vest, overlap and glue to create darts.
- Cut tree pattern from green felt and glue to vest. Cut and glue black foam for trunk.
- For hat, cut 3¼" circle from black foam. Cut small circle from center, leaving a ½" rim. Cut strip of foam 8" x 2¾"; glue to inside edge of hat brim. Cut 2¼" circle; glue to top of hat. Cut strip from red foam 1¼" x 8¼". Write words on red strip with permanent marker; glue as shown. Glue hat to snowman.
- Cut 4 mittens from green felt and 4 red felt cuffs. Stitch together with white embroidery floss.
- Insert twigs into sides of snowman, securing with glue. Glue mittens to twigs.
- Cut strip of black foam 10½" x 1"; glue to waist. Cut buckle from red foam using pattern; glue to belt.
- Cut piece of blue fabric 22" x 2½". Stamp snowflake on fabric with Gloss White. Referring to Stiffy instructions, coat scarf, folding edges in lengthwise. Hang to dry 45 minutes; wrap scarf around neck creating folds as shown.
- Glue pom poms to face. Dot cheeks with Valentine Pink. Glue carrot nose in place.
- Attach snowman to base with toothpicks; glue to secure.
- Stamp snowflakes onto blue foam with Gloss White; cut out shape. Wrap floral wire around pencil to create a spiral. Attach one end to center of snowflake and glue other end under band of hat.