Wood desk, Chair, Sandpaper – fine grit, Window cleaner, Paper towels, Work bowl, Fabric for chair cushion, Foam seat, Scissors, Hot glue gun, Glue sticks
- Clean and remove the handles from the desk. Remove the seat from the chair. Lightly sand the furniture. Clean with window cleaner and paper towels.
- Pour the bonding primer and sealer into a work bowl. Dip the brush into the primer, wipe the bristles on the inside of the bowl to remove the excess paint. Paint the primer onto the desk and chair. Work in long smooth brushstrokes. Allow to dry for 4 hours before painting.
- Paint the desk with Monument Gray and the chair with Churned Butter. Use a light coat of paint. Allow to dry for 1 hour. Lightly sand and wipe clean. Apply a second coat and allow to dry. Repeat until the desired depth of color is reached.
- Paint any areas of interest with the Petticoat Milk Paint. Allow to dry for 30 min. and then lightly sand to show the gray and natural color of the desk. Rub a damp paper towel over the sanded area.
- Top-coat with two coats of the bonding primer and sealer. Allow for dry time in between coats.
- Using a Mod Melter and Melts, attach the foam to the seat base. Cut fabric to size. Center the foam seat over the fabric. (fabric should be wrong side up) Glue the corners first and the sides.
PROJECT TIP: When working with raw wood projects, the bonding primer is not needed.