Rocks, Pom-poms, Hot glue, Paper plate, Water basin, Paper towels
- Select 3-5 small rocks that will stand like a “pumpkin” shape. Broken rocks work well. To prep the rocks for painting, wash with warm soapy water and let dry.
- Paint each rock two coats of orange using the flat angle brush. Let dry.
- Mix one part orange to one part candy apple red to create a dark orange. Paint stripes on each rock using a small detail brush.
- Paint round black eyes and a black stripe for a mouth using the detail brush. Let dry.
- Paint white dot pupils in each black eye using the smallest detail brush. Paint the dots in different locations to make the eyes appear to be looking up, down, straight ahead, left or right. You can even make then look cross-eyed!
- Paint white teeth underneath the black mouth line.
- Attach tiny green pom-poms to the top of the dried pumpkin rocks using hot glue.
- See project photo for inspiration.
- Share your Tiny Rock Pumpkins with us at #plaidcrafts!